Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Monday, Day 10 of Quarantine

We had a good start to the day. Oh wait. Well, I had a hard time sleeping, which maybe is just the new normal. Ruby was up super early screaming and pounding on the door. I ignored her.

Once we got up, things were much better. Everyone got ready. I did my work out while Ruby kinda hung out with me. Once I was done, I got Maggie got set up doing school work and started Ruby on her first "school" thing: Cosmic Kids Yoga. She mostly ignored it but occasionally followed them. We'll see.

Today has been okay, I guess. Maggie did a lot of school work. I think. She's on there for a certain amount of time and she has things she can go on. I don't know what she's doing exactly. The girls took a bath but I made them get out because someone was picking on someone else. They're both super tired, which is not surprising. Maggie is actually napping right now.

Maureen is sick. She let Laurie and I know that she had been exposed and was being tested. She found out on Saturday, was tested on Sunday, and sent a message today that she is sick. I don't even know what to say. It's not a death sentence; it's just very scary. She doesn't get her test results for 4-10 days but she is sick with Covid symptoms.

Ruby was in the bath, playing with her toys for hours. She just loves to be in water. After I was done with work, I made popcorn for the girls (they are obsessed with popcorn right now) and then we watched a movie together. We talked to Grandpa on the phone. Ruby went to bed a few minutes early and was literally falling asleep while I was singing to her.

After that, Maggie and I read Harry Potter, James and the Giant Peach, and a few posts in her blog books. We watched an episode each of The Good Place and The Office. After that I let her watch YouTube for a little while. I made her get in bed when I did. I was scared she wouldn't be able to fall asleep (she took a long nap) but she went right out.


No comments:

Post a Comment