Monday, March 16, 2020

Sunday, Day 2 of Quarantine

Getting up was easier today although still a pain. I thought I heard Ruby a few minutes after 7 but when I went in there she was still in bed, however, that woke her up. Oh well. We played and I kept messing with Maggie, trying to get her to wake up. We were up by say 7:35ish. Not bad. Everyone brushed teeth, got dressed, brushed hair. Then we came to the living room. Jay is taking steroids to prepare for his heartworm treatment (which they assure me will not get cancelled) so he's starving. I fed him immediately. Then I exercised. The girls were annoying but day two is always harder.

Maggie refused to get off the floor and kinda slept. I kept yelling at her to get up. Ruby and I listened to maybe five minutes of our audiobook and then just went outside. We stayed for a while but it was cold. We read a little. Then my annoyance was too much. Time for Ruby's movie. They watched Frozen II. Thank you Disney for putting it up early.

After the movie, we tried to do FB Messenger with Ella. Ruby was a mess. She kept crying if you took the phone away but she wouldn't talk when it was in front of her. She's never really used it and didn't seem to have a great understanding. I'm afraid she doesn't fell well. Laurie, keeps telling me we WILL all get sick so I'm hyperaware of our health. I feel fine. I think Ruby's allergies are bothering her. She's sneezing (which is not a COVID symptom) and has dark circles under eyes. Who can say?

After that, we ate lunch. We read from our book and from the blog books. We did laundry and cleaned some more. Throughout the day, I told the girls they had to eat leftovers. They are so spoiled about food. They are picky and I usually just give them whatever they will actually eat but we cannot do that anymore.

Then it was time for our family movie. We watched Iron Man 2. It was so much better than I remembered. We took a bath in the middle and got dinner. Then it was time for Ruby to go to sleep.

Maggie's school sent an email that they are starting to move work for the kids onto their site. That's not the right word. It's like a whole thing. The kids can log on and they have all these tools and sites but it's all protected. Laurie is thinking about putting Ella on the online school because it's most likely school will not open again this year. CDC released a recommendation not to have gatherings of more than 50 people for at least two months. I just don't know.

Maggie fell asleep pretty quickly again last night. I made the hugely regrettable decision of looking at my phone right before I went to bed. My grocery order was cancelled and every other way of ordering I tried (different stores, pick up, delivery) wouldn't go through and said it wasn't available for at least seven days.

Panic gripped my whole being. I felt sick. I couldn't sleep. I just lay there and panicked. I tried to direct my mind elsewhere but it was no good.


No comments:

Post a Comment