Sunday, March 15, 2020

Found in drafts from last month, maybe.

Monday

Everyone appears healthy. No one wanted to go to school, of course. I made a new screen rule. The rule had been one hour a day but it was very hard to keep up with. I got a device that was supposed to do it for you, but it stopped working. Then I was reading this book and it suggested going by day. So the new rule is Monday through Friday: no screens at all unless we do a Friday movie night. Saturday and Sunday, free for all, after chores and when we aren't doing stuff. All screens off by 8 pm.

I got the girls around 4 pm. Maggie had a playdate with Dessie at 5 pm so I told her to get her chores done, which she did. Ruby likes doing her chores now because I let her color in the box by each chore. Hey, man, whatever works. They didn't eat much dinner. After Maggie left, Ruby and I played Chutes and Ladders but she was so obviously tired.

As soon as Maggie got home, I put both girls in the bath and put Ruby to bed. She was exhausted. Maggie and I read Harry Potter and then she fell asleep. Tired girls.

Tuesday

Oh what a morning. Maggie was a mess. Her socks were killing her. They burned and hurt and itched. It sounds funny but it wasn't. She cried and I felt like crap. I know it's real for her. I don't know if she just doesn't feel good or what but it sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment