Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Tuesday, Day 4 of Quarantine

Last night was better. I'm still having trouble falling asleep. Ruby woke up early. I guess I need to go back to bribing her not to yell or bang on her door.

We got up and got ready. I did the dogs' food and Jay's meds. Then exercised. Maggie decided to sit in the shower for a long time. Ruby and I went outside for a while.

Today was the day to start school for Maggie and work for me. Oh my! I had work calls and video calls and it was just crazy. Maggie was a pain about her school work. Her school is doing a great job of putting work on their site but Maggie was indignant. She wanted to know why we couldn't just hang out.

The whole day was just nutso. Maggie freaked out about school. Ruby was everywhere. I was on work calls for hours (luckily I was mostly listening so I could mute my phone). I know we'll figure out something but the expectation is that I can work my full time job, work my part time job, attend grad school, homeschool Maggie, and wrangle Ruby, plus cooking, cleaning, etc. I just have to accept that there is no way that's going to happen. I am one person and that's at least four full time jobs. With that in mind, I have to figure out priorities and just do my best. The whole world is dealing with the same issues and I'm hardly the only single mom out there. ALSO, I am so lucky to not be in the situation where I don't know how I'll pay my bills. Just writing that made me feel better. I need to remind myself of that every time I feel overwhelmed.

I should mention: I am scared about this whole situation. It's scary and unpredictable and everything could change tomorrow. But! I'm not panicked or hysterical. I'm writing on here to keep up with everything and am writing when I have the worst moments. But things are okay. I'm not like breaking down in front of the girls (I did cry once in front of the girls when the schools closed).

No comments:

Post a Comment