Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday, Day 3 of Quarantine

I tried to sleep in but I just can't sleep. I can't follow our plan today. I'm going easy on myself I guess. Things are scary and uncertain. I started hearing about Coronavirus in January and almost 7,000 people are dead. I'm so scared.

I was able to make a grocery order, which should have relieved my panic but it didn't. I'm going to give myself today to panic and then tomorrow I'll be back to it. I don't know how to navigate this. I can't lose my shit because the kids have no one else. No one in and no one out. We are quarantined.

We talked to Grandmo. She is still having to fly but has been told that by next weekend, probably, all flights will be grounded.

Laurie has a fever and doesn't feel well. Or rather, did yesterday. I called her this morning and her fever is gone and she feels better.

Maggie's school put up some more work. We got an email from the district that the governor has cancelled STAAR testing for this year.

We talked on the phone with Gran and Nana.

I feel much better now. The panic has definitely subsided. I have to keep it together. Maggie was obviously freaked out this morning because she could tell I was freaked out. No more checking my phone for an hour or two before bedtime. I might put it somewhere else entirely. I need sleep and I need to follow our routine. We could be quarantined for a while and we have to maintain our sanity and this is how we do it.

I have to get insulin for Spot and then I'm just going to have my groceries delivered.


No comments:

Post a Comment