Sunday, March 29, 2020

Saturday, Day 15 of Quarantine

Everyone slept well last night. We got up on time and got ready. I did my workout. Ruby's Kindle was dead because she left it under a blanket. I need to make sure I have her put it on the charger at night.

I'm putting together yet another schedule. It feels like things are constantly changing, which they are. Nothing to it but just keep rolling with the punches.

I had another session with one of my clients. This time I kept the Kindles from the girls until it was time for my meeting and it worked! Ruby came in once and said hi and that was it. Much better.

School work is coming in for Maggie and I need to work to organize a schedule. I must admit I prefer blocking her time by assignment rather than time spent. You can drag your feet and just play games, etc, but if you are done as soon as you finish your assignment, that's a nice motivating factor. I'm going to work again to get Maggie outside. I'm finding the Kindles highly motivating so it'll just be contingent on getting the kindle. We'll see.

We had made a noon appointment with the FW Animal Shelter to come get a foster dog. They are trying to clear their shelters to prepare for shutdowns and I figured this is something I can do to help. We got up there at noon and I had the girls stay in the car. I tried to stay away from everyone but I doubt I did as well as I would have liked. I told them I had a dog undergoing heartworm treatment and needed an older and/or super calm dog. They said they had just gotten a little dog and would that be okay. They said she would probably get adopted but I took her. I got her home and she took zero sh!t from my dogs. She had fleas so I had to treat her. Then at 3ish I got a call from the shelter because she'd been adopted. This is not what I had in mind for helping out. I'm not going back and forth. I took her up there and they said they had a husky that was calm and would I take him. I took him but if he gets adopted or whatever I'm not replacing him.

He's beautiful and extremely gentle. He's scared of stupid Spot who keeps growling and snapping at him even though Neko could literally eat him. Maggie named him Neko and she's in love with him. He's been a huge motivator. I told her we cannot keep him unless she is willing to help with his care, including coming with me to take him on walks. We went on a 35 minute walk this morning with minimal complaints. Neko has ticks! I'm not impressed FW. You couldn't even check??? So I treated him and removed a bunch. Now they are dying. It's so disgusting. I'd never seen a tick in my life. I had to google to figure out what they are. They are the nastiest bugs ever. They pop. I mean. . . that's a bit much.

He's not at all aggressive. He hid from the cats at first. I was scared he would eat them but so far he hasn't. Jay was over the moon, which is bad. He's on bed rest and he was being ridiculous. Finally, I locked him in my room. He had to calm down. Then at bedtime I made Neko sleep in the kennel. At first, he cried a lot but then he was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment