Thursday, March 26, 2020

Wednesday, Day 12 of Quarantine

No pain! My headache is gone and my lower back isn't threatening me. I was able to do a full work out. I slept better. I only had one or maybe two wake ups. Once I was convinced Maggie was sneaking around my room. This is new but I've had it a few nights in a row. Usually I think I see a stranger in my room.

I did my full workout. I let the girls watch PBS. I guess it's better than Netflix. Work was insane today. The girls fought a lot. On the plus side, Maggie did all of her school work. The girls ate a ton.

I got super stressed in the afternoon so I did a hard walk on the treadmill to feel better. It helped. News about Covid is bad. Really bad. I keep looking at how horrible Italy is and they put a country-wide lockdown in place extremely quickly. We're up to 50,000+ cases and still nothing. Just hobbled together by governors (shit! we're shelter in place by our mayor!). I can't imagine how bad this is going to get. And we're still not doing anything. I called my reps and asked them to urge the president to actually do something besides making suggestions. I guess at least I'm doing something.

Fort Worth Animal Shelter put out a call for emergency temporary fosters. They have to empty their shelters of ~800 animals one way or another. I know we're already super busy but we all have to do what we can. I feel like I'm doing the least I can do. Not that I know what to do. Great Britain is asking for civilians to volunteer in hospitals to prevent the medical system from collapsing. I have to take care of my kids first but I want to help.

After work, Ruby and I took a bath. Then Maggie talked on the phone with Nana and Gran. Ruby and I sat outside for a little while. Then we all watched some more of Captain America. Ruby started getting whiny so I decided she needed to go to bed. Boy, she cried over a book issue. I mean like full on screams. Then I finally got her to calm down and she went to bed.

Maggie and I watched a bit more of Captain America. Then Harry Potter, The Good Place, James and the Giant Peach, blog posts, and The Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment