Friday, April 3, 2020

Thursday, Day 20 of Quarantine

Another night with good sleep. RUBY WAS ACTUALLY ASLEEP WHEN I OPENED HER DOOR. This, like, never happens. Jay woke her up immediately. Everyone got up and got ready. We took Savannah on a walk. Ruby calls her Habanah. Very cute.

I made the girls a different meal. I got out our muffin tins and filled each one with something different: carrots, bell peppers, Cheerios, berries, apples, muffins, etc. I told them once they finish the entire tin, they can have whatever they want. We'll see how it goes. I'd rather they not leave quarantine with scurvy.

Maggie did school work but complained a lot. She gave the full run down for why she shouldn't have to do any school at home (since she's going to sixth grade anyway). This is a sign she's had too much screen time. So, after she finished all her school work, I turned off all screens for an hour and a half. Guess how that went over???

I made Ruby something fun to play with: shaving cream, food coloring, and some of her toys. I made her keep outside because, hoo boy, it was messy.

Ruby keeps saying to me, watch and learn. It's so cute. She'll go to show me something and say, ok mom watch and learn.

We had a nice long run of contact with the outside world. Maggie, of course, is much better at this. Ruby is ridiculous. She's bad about keeping her face in screen. When she's done, she's done. And sooooo rude about it. Like the person she's talking to called her and is refusing to let her get off the phone. We're working on it.

We had our movie time. Ruby went to bed well. Maggie and I did all our reading. After I went to my room to read, Maggie kept coming in and telling me she could hear kittens. I finally came out and I heard what did sound like some sort of baby animal. So I went out to investigate and I saw and heard nothing. But when I turned around there were Annie and Sally. They are pissed and on strike but I guess they'd like to come home. Poor girls. They still wouldn't come in for me. Apparently Maggie heard Annie again and then saw her. She got her to come in and picked her up but Savannah heard something and came to check and Maggie got jacked up by Annie. It was very dramatic. I don't want to victim blame but maybe wear some clothes and/or don't pick up a cat naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment