Friday, April 10, 2020

Thursday, Day 27 of Quarantine

Ruby woke up in the middle of the night. She said she hit her face on her window sill. I'm not sure if that's true or not. She let me put her right back to bed. Then she was up a few minutes early. I'm just tired today, I guess, is my point. I'm working out a ton (due to stress) and I feel worn out.

A genuine catch-22. I need to exercise because I'm stressed out. I feel tired from 2+ hours a day of exercise. If I don't exercise I feel pain in my hips and back. Yadda yadda.

Work was crazy. Maggie had a Zoom call with the entire fifth grade and all their teachers, which wasn't a total disaster. They now have more formal schooling online. There are assignments and they will take a couple of grades, but the requirements are pretty low.

I made the girls a taco salad for lunch and they loved it. Woohoo! That never happens. I got one of those produce boxes ($1/1 pound). It had lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado so I thought it would make a good taco salad with soy ground "beef" and taco seasoning. We also got a cantaloupe, which Ruby is loving. They also sent two rolls of toilet paper, which I find amusing. The TP thing is strange. What a strange thing for people to feel like they need to hoard. I also got green apples, lemons, limes, onions, and dried beans. And a bunch of bell peppers and other veggies I chopped up and put in a new stew since my last one smashed last night.

Ruby loves to take showers. She takes at least one a day by herself. Right now she's in there and singing loudly and it's so cute. Her favorite song is Hey Ho by the Lumineers.

Man, I am so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment