Friday, April 17, 2020

Thursday, Day 34 of Quarantine

Last night was awful. Truly, truly awful. I didn't walk Sav yesterday on account of an awful day and she kept barking. Finally, I just closed the dog door so she couldn't get outside. But, as I was doing that, my doorbell started ringing. And ringing. And ringing. Even after I opened the door, the lady kept ringing and then started screaming at me. She said she had cancer last year and Puddles had bothered her. I told her I was sorry and I would take care of it.

I went back in and Maggie was freaked out. I got her to calm down and go to sleep and then Ruby was up. She had a nightmare and was just hysterical. I finally got her calmed down but she was back up and down and up and down and up and down. I tried to let her come sleep with me (which I never do but she was so upset) but she couldn't sleep. I finally told her her superhero story. I told her she was a superhero and this was her super special room with her super special bed and super special blanket. After that she stayed down. She was up and down from 12:30-3 am. Yuck.

We got up this morning and took Sav on a walk first thing. I'm going to keep the dog door closed. That will make it easier to make sure Sav isn't barking constantly. I don't usually notice dog barking. Almost all my neighbors have dogs and they all bark and I just don't notice it but apparently other people do. I'm not sure what I'll do about the cats. They've gotten used to coming and going as they please.

The day has gone so much better. What a freaking difference a 35 minute walk makes! Despite getting very little sleep and having a crazy busy work day, I've been mostly okay. Sav is sad she can't go outside whenever she wants but she'll figure it out. I don't know how else to fix it.

At 3:30-ish, exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks. I still had to check in via zoom with one of my kids. But I was mostly done. Ruby seemed really tired too. I guess she was all night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment