Sunday, May 17, 2020

Friday, Day 63 of Quarantine

Ruby woke up twice around 11 pm. I went in because it was so early and gave her an extra melatonin and yelled at her to get in bed. It worked.

I actually got up on time, so I guess we slept well. Wait no, Ruby slept in by about 30 minutes. A solid win. We got up and I took Sav on a walk. She's doing better. In training, I'm attempting stay. Basically I have her sit and try to take one full step back. It's so-so but we'll get there. She's doing pretty good with sit.

After that me and Ruby exercised. I called the AC guy at some point and he's coming today. I set up the big AC unit that Dad stores here because it was so icky. Then I had everyone take a bath.

I worked on the new garage door thing. It required wiring stuff. I got one wire out but I could not get the other one out. Apparently, wiring things is something most people just know how to do. I tried to look up videos of how to wire and I couldn't find a single one. They would say I'm going to do this, there would be a cut and then it's just done. No one would show how to do it. Finally, I called Dad and he said he would just come over and finish it. He got it out in like one second. What the hell?!

The AC guy came. He said it needed to be replaced. Since I've put hundreds into in every year I've lived here, I'd rather just pay to get it replaced. He said he can do it on Monday.

Maggie lost all computer/Kindle/TV time for the day. She hit Ruby and I'm just done. If they were closer in age, I might be more figure it out yourselves. But she's 7 years older than Ruby. It's not fair.

We had book club tonight. Laurie wanted to do it socially distant-style in her driveway and everyone agreed. It was only five of us. The kids played and Jeff watched them. It was lovely. God, I miss people.

In fact, that's my gratitude for today. Getting to see some people, not on a screen, and that I'm not quarantined with. It was so nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment