Thursday, May 14, 2020

Wednesday, Day 61 of Quarantine

Ruby had a hard time going to sleep last night. Probably my fault. Most nights she gets back up within a few minutes of me leaving and knocks to ask something ridiculous or nothing at all. I always open up, but last night I realized if I don't put a stop to this it will never end. Because it never ends on its own with Ruby.

She woke up a little early but I ignored her until it was time.

I started a new workout series and Ruby was intrigued. She wanted to eckersise too. She's so cute.

Our family movie was The Princess Bride. We started but then the girls got in a huge fight. Maggie pulled Ruby's hair HARD and so Ruby hit Maggie several times with the hard head of her baby. Maggie bawled and ran from the room. Ruby said to me, I hate Maggie, but I love her too and I'm sorry. I wasn't mad at her. I thought Maggie got was coming to her. She is so mean to Ruby. She pulls her hair and pinches her and is always hurting her or being mean to her. It makes me crazy. I didn't tell Ruby all that. I just said you're fine and I'm sorry Maggie hurt you.

After a while, Maggie came back and we finished. It was eh. I don't remember it at all from childhood. I knew several parts from hearing stuff from it but I didn't actually remember anything from the movie, I don't think. I remember Laurie getting the VHS for Christmas one year and being so excited and me thinking how could she know this movie and me not? But alas the tape was broken so we never got to watch it anyway.

I had back to back Zoom meetings. I bribed Maggie to watch Ruby but she didn't. Ruby was everywhere and in and out. It's just ridiculous. Here I am on an extremely serious meeting (about my crisis with my post-adopt kid) and Ruby's jumping in the picture eating a hot dog bun that she stole. I mean. . . They were nice about it. So finally after two hours of meetings, I was able to feed Ruby a snack and put her to bed.

Sav is doing better. She's still ridiculous but less so. I'm hopeful training her will calm down her anxiety too. She freaks out if you touch her tummy. She gets nervous easily. She plays hard with Ruby and she's never hurt her but I'd like her to be less of a panicky spazz.

Maggie and I read HP. It's so good. Best book series in the history of ever.

Gratitude: Laurie. Laurie is my person. I love her so much. She's maybe the best person in the world. She's infinitely better than me, better than everyone. She's incredibly smart and competent. She can do anything, fix anything. She's hilarious. She makes me laugh every day. She's incredibly kind. She never forgets a birthday or holiday. She goes out of her way to include everyone. She takes care of everyone in our family. She's also strong as nails. She will not take shit. She will get what she deserves (in a good way) and be treated how she's supposed to be treated. Just as the cherry on top, she's exceptionally beautiful. I feel so lucky to be in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment